We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 65 Posts
    Tell me please somebody, why update notifications works so strange?

If i uploaded new version of miniShop or other package to MODX repository - there is no notification in manager. If Jason Coward uploaded new version getResources - here it is!

What i do wrong in my packages? Or it is not my mistake?

P.S. For eventsCaledar2 i got notification after couple of weeks of last update, but when i click "update" i receive "Could not find package: eventscalendar2". [ed. note: bezumkin2 last edited this post 11 years, 10 months ago.]
    • You might try uploading the packages manually. You should be able to see all the versions in the packages folder. If the newest version is within, the update button should light up.

Versions remain in the packages folder (core/packages) when upgrading via package management. Download the package at the repository http://modx.com/extras/, unzip, then upload the transport.zip file to core/packages. The update should light up. It also might be another separate entry in packages so look for it.

I can't answer why... but there's a work around with manual uploading.

Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 65 Posts
        I asked about notification in manager for new packages versions in repository.

Updated first message. English is not my native language =)
        • It looks like you say it it compatible up to 2.2, I would suggest not setting that. I'm not up to speed on the exact inner workings of the MODX transport provider, but I think it may be interpreting it differently than you and I.
            Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
            • 65 Posts
            Now i cant change this. If i leave it field blank - after saving it set to MODX 2.2

But in GetResources it is blank. I will try again on next package update.
              • 87 Posts
              Did you manage to resolve this?

Even clicking 'Check for Updates' I get 'Your package is already up-to-date at...' even though the Package Manager has a more recent version available.
                • 65 Posts
                No.

I think this is problem of repository, not packages.
                  • 168 Posts
                  I have a similar problem. Two separate MODx sites - both running 2.2.5. One of them, the Ace package is v 1.3, however, the second one is 1.2.1 rc2. This second site is not seeing an update to 1.3. and even clicking on Check Updates, it says my package is already up to date at 1.2.1 rc2.

Any idea what can cause this?

I know this happened with another addon and I simply removed it from the list of Packages and redownloaded the latest version but its a little bit of a pain if no updates show up for the packages that are installed, and I have to manually check version numbers.

John
                    • 375 Posts
                    Same problem here! Currently the Ace package doesn't update.
                      Freelancer @bitego http://www.bitego.com
                      ---
                      GoodNews - one of the most advanced and integrated Group Mailer premium add-ons for MODX Revolution!
                      More infos here: http://www.bitego.com/extras/goodnews/