We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 160 Posts
    Starting this thread for support and feedback for the sekFormTools addon. Any suggestions, comments, or questions are all welcome.

This addon is in the beta stage. Anyone who wishes to to help develop this addon, or just submit a fix or expand on the program, all are welcome.
      • 572 Posts
      Hi,

Just looking at your add-on and it looks very useful. One thing i'd like to do is to add the timepicker to the datepicker option (which i have working by the way). I found this jquery add-on: http://trentrichardson.com/examples/timepicker/, but have no idea if it would work with your Modx add-on.
      Could you help with this?

Thanks

J
        www.9thwave.co.uk
           WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
        • 160 Posts
        I do want a timepicker added, I'm just not sure which one I want to use at this point. I have seen the one you pointed out before, but passed on it for another http://pttimeselect.sourceforge.net/example/index.html, which I used for a customers project. To be honest, I'm hoping that the jquery.ui people will add their own timepicker. That will probably be the only way I add one right now unless I get more requests. There are several other native ui tools I want expand on first and hopefully find a way to condense the javascript so the pages will not load with so many <script> tags.
          • 572 Posts
          Hi Insomnix

Could you advise how i use min_date and max_date please?
          I just want the datepicker to start from 'today' and go back 80 years but can't get it to work.

[[input.datepicker? &input_id=`dob` &name=`dob` &menu=`1` &date_format=`dd-mm-yy` &tplContainer=`input.datepicker.text` &value=`[[+fi.dob]]` ]]

Thanks
            www.9thwave.co.uk
               WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
            • 160 Posts
            Set a maximum selectable date as a string in the current dateFormat, or a number of days from today (e.g. +7) or a string of values and periods ('y' for years, 'm' for months, 'w' for weeks, 'd' for days, e.g. '+1m +1w')

Set a minimum selectable date as a string in the current dateFormat, or a number of days from today (e.g. +7) or a string of values and periods ('y' for years, 'm' for months, 'w' for weeks, 'd' for days, e.g. '-1y -1m')

So, if you want to go back 80 years and forward 0 days, you could do:
            [[!input.datepicker? 
              &input_id=`dob` 
              &name=`dob` 
              &menu=`1` 
              &date_format=`dd-mm-yy` 
              &tplContainer=`input.datepicker.text` 
              &min_date=`-80y` 
              &max_date=`0` 
              &value=`` 
            ]]

Hope that helps.
              • 239 Posts
              Is there a simple way to validate the datepicker to make sure the user selects a date? Exp. Date is required.
                • 98 Posts
                sekFormTools.input.combobox with custom tables

Can you provide any guidance for using the combobox snippet with custom tables? No problem using the sekFormTools tables ex. sekftStates or the standard modx tables.

Thanks
                  Give a man the answer, and he’ll only have a temporary solution. Teach him the principles that led you to that answer, and he will be able to create his own solutions in the future.