We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • In December 2010 I started developing VersionX 1.0 as a pet project. Now, 16 months later, I'm very glad to announce the immediate release of VersionX 2.0 - more stable, powerful, better organised, and available for MODX 2.0-2.2.

Read the entire announcement on my blog: http://www.markhamstra.com/modx-blog/2012/05/versionx-2.0-finally-available/
    Or download the package and get started! http://modx.com/extras/package/versionx
      Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
      • 212 Posts
      Hi Mark,
      if you have installed versionx and save a resource you will be redirected to the "first page" of the resource instead to the point where you have just been working on when pressed the save button as it used to be without versionx (for example to a TV where you were working on). Is this behaviour in your installation the same or is this a problem of our installation?

Btw: Because of this we were trying to uninstall versionx. Unfortunately we were not successfull. We got these errors:

Path specified for package versionx is not a valid or accessible directory: /core/components/versionx/model/ Could not load class: VersionX from versionx.
      Problem getting service versionx, instance of class VersionX, from path /core/components/versionx//model/

These two path doesn´t exist. Do you have any idea how to uninstall versionx?

Letti
      • I seemed to have missed the notification for this post.. if you're still having that issue let me know, it doesn't sound familiar to anything I've heard so far.

And what do you mean with first page? First tab?
          Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
          • 16 Posts
          I am having the same issue with the uninstall. The folder is there, the uninstall deletes it, then claims the folder is missing.
            • 169 Posts
            I have the same issue. Is there any solution, or a secure way to uninstall manualy?
              • 35 Posts
              I am having exactly the same issue with versionx-2.0.0-rc2 under MODX Revo 2.2.4:

Finding package with signature: versionx-2.0.0-rc2
              Package found. Preparing to uninstall.
              Skipping modCategory object (data object does not exist and cannot be removed): Array ( [category] => VersionX ) 
              Removing files in file resolver: /var/www/vhosts/<domain>/httpdocs/core/components/versionx
              Could not find files to remove.
              Removing files in file resolver: /var/www/vhosts/<domain>/httpdocs/assets/components/versionx
              Could not find files to remove.
              Path specified for package versionx is not a valid or accessible directory: /var/www/vhosts/<domain>/httpdocs/core/components/versionx/model/
              Could not load class: VersionX from versionx.
              Problem getting service versionx, instance of class VersionX, from path /var/www/vhosts<domain>/httpdocs/core/components/versionx//model/

Could it be something to do with the double forward slash in the path on the last line?
              • Uninstall issues (as have other issues) have been fixed in rc3. It also adds stuff for snippets and plugins. Probably the last rc release as well.

So... upgrade to rc3 and uninstall that. smiley

Oh, and let me know why you want to remove it if there's anything I can do to improve it. I consider VersionX something everyone needs to install and keep in place to save the day when clients remove stuff they shouldn't. tongue [ed. note: markh last edited this post 11 years, 8 months ago.]

• 35 Posts
                  Hi Mark,

Wow - fastest response ever - thanks!

If I click "Check For Updates" in Package Management it reports "Your package is already up-to-date at: versionx-2.0.0-rc2". However, if I click "Download Extras" and search for "VersionX", the RC3 version shows up. I can download and install that and all proceeds with no hitches at all. Now VersionX 2.0.0 rc3 is shown in the list of extras.

However, if I then click the "Uninstall" button and choose "Uninstall" in the "Please select an uninstall mode" dialog, the console window appears with the message "Console running..." but no more text appears under that. I click OK there, and VersionX 2.0.0 rc3 is listed as "Not Installed".

I then click "Remove", and the RC3 package is indeed uninstalled. But then the old RC2 version is listed, and we're back to square one. I've tried several variations on the recipe above, but RC2 just doesn't want to be removed!
                  • There's several options while uninstalling. Make sure to pick the right one if you want to get rid of 'm all (uninstall).

EDIT: Sorry, can't read.

If you picked the right option it will uninstall all versions. Yes the package will remain in the grid but should be uninstalled. [ed. note: markh last edited this post 11 years, 8 months ago.]

• 35 Posts
                      To answer your question on why I want to uninstall, it's to troubleshoot a problem with configuring Bob Ray's "ActivationEmail" plugin. I need to edit one of the plug-in's System Events to use a non-default Property Set, but MODX isn't saving the change. Bob suggested one or two things to try, but so far it remains a mystery. Since I knew VersionX keeps track of plug-in changes (although I know that it was at an early stage in RC2), I wanted to see if removing it had any bearing on the ActivationEmail plug-in problem.

I certainly don't want to have to ditch VersionX unless I absolutely have to - I agree that this kind of functionality is something that I'd want with every install!