We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 16 Posts
    I just finished my first site in MODX but I created a editor user for my client but suddenly now I can´t get into my resources, I see'em in my resources tree with both users but when I click on any resource the only I get is a blank page, that happens even if I try to create something with right click.
    I'm almost sure there's a trouble with my users or permissions but I just can't figured out what did I do.
    If it helps that happened before i uninstalled the imperavi extra and give some resources access to de editor role. Hope you can help me
    Thanks [ed. note: ciztes last edited this post 11 years, 11 months ago.]
      • 387 Posts
      A few details are needed if anyone is going to be able to help.
      At least let us know which version of MODX you are using.
        • 16 Posts
        I'm using MODX Revolution 2.2.0-pl2 (traditional)

I have two users: admin and editor
        also two user group, one for each user
        I created a role and a resource group for my editor user
        let me know what else do you need to know?
        Thanks
          • 387 Posts
          I think that maybe you missed a step and locked your admin user out - you have to specifically give the admin user permissions as well as your new editor.

If you have not seen it 'Bob's Guides' might help http://bobsguides.com/revolution-permissions.html

2.2.1 has added a 'super user' http://www.markhamstra.com/modx-blog/2012/04/sudo-users-new-modx-2.2.1/
            • 16 Posts
            Thank you I finally solved this problem and if it helps anybody else the problem was the uninstall of the "imperavi" extension. The uninstall seems to work fine and I received a success message but it doesn't remove all the files on the ftp and for the plugins on the elements tree
              • 19 Posts
              I had quite fresh install with no plugins, the only way for meto fix this was to put 'setup' folder again on a server and run 'upgrade' - this solved the issue.