We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 39 Posts
    I have 2 forms on this site. They are on different pages. One is a contact form and the other is a small whitepaper request form. Redirect works fine on whitepaper form. It goes to ID 36 just as it should. The problem is that the contact form also redirect to ID 36 even though my code says to go to ID 20:

[[!FormIt?
       &hooks=`spam,email,redirect`
       &emailTpl=`MyEmailChunk`
       &emailTo=`[email protected]`
       &redirectTo=`20`
       &emailSubject=`Contact Form submission from website`
       &validate=`name:required,
          email:email:required,
          subject:required,
    ]]

Using REVO 2.2.0 and FormIt 2.0.3

One more thing. This happens even if i unpublish 36. However, when i rebuilt that page (37) the contact form goes straight to it.

This is the first time I have ever seen this happen. Any ideas? Thanks.
      • 39 Posts
      Anyone? Any ideas?
      • Mark Hamstra Reply #3, 12 years ago
        Sounds like you need to set &submitVar=`something` on the form where "something" is the name of a field that only exists in one of the forms - I usually give it a unique name on the submit button, eg submitContact or submitWhitepaper. That will ensure the right formit call triggers on the right post.

(Posted on this old topic cause of http://www.forthea.com/blog/2012/03/19/modx-user-abandons-formit-for-tectites-formmail-php/)
          Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
          • 39 Posts
          Thanks for replying, Mark. This did not help. In fact, I'm now having an issue with trying to add an extra form on a site that is in 2.0.7. So I guess this has nothing to do with 2.2.0. The submissions go to an address that it shouldn't. They are going to the address that the other forms go to. It is ignoring the "&emailTo" in the snippet call. Again, I am faced with the choice of taking hours to research this and probably getting nowhere, or i can just take a little extra time and implement a form system that I know is going to work. I love formIt but my workload is just too insane right now to wait this out. It's strange because I have never had this problem before. Plus, I'm surprised that I can't really find others who are experiencing this..
          • Did you set &submitVar on all forms?
              Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
              • 39 Posts
              So I finally decided to try again with a new site I am working on. The first form worked fine; did all that it was supposed to do. The others just simply refreshed the page.

I'm baffled by this because I have been using formit for a long time now and have never experienced these kinds of problems until MODx 2.2.0.

I simply do not have the time to try and figure this out. Thanks for your help Mark, I do appreciate it. but adding a unique submitVar to each form made no difference.

PHP FormMail works every time but takes a lot more to configure.

I am seriously thinking about setting up a FormStack or Wufoo account.

....sick of forms. wink
                • 39 Posts
                Just upgraded to MODx 2.2.2 hoping it would make a difference. It didn't.