We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    Thanks, I'll give that a try ... I had changed the Filesystem default media source to point to the resources directory, but then it wasn't pulling out the filepaths correctly in the front end....

The other thing I was going to try was to add a new config setting tiny.media_source and then edit the tinymce class (line 154) to use this ....

... I will report back!

Jan
      • 297 Posts
      I had the same problem and thanks to your post it's now fixed.
      I hope MODX team can fix this asap, because, IMO, it can be considered as a bug.
        • 6 Posts
        Great - glad it worked for you! I agree it's definitely a missing piece of functionality which would be quite easy to put in I would've thought ...
          • 297 Posts
          I think the team is working on it. I've been discussing it with support team by email ( i'm partner ) and they know this is happening, but there is no ETA at this moment.
            • 353 Posts
            I have set default_media_source to a media resource that utilizes a snippet to redirect the media path to a document specific direcory (resources/0000/000/10/5 for id: 15). Works great with TVs but miserably fails with tinymce's resource browser.

The reasons seems to be clear:

The individual resource path for each resource depends on the id of the current resource and as far as I can tell, there is currently no way to pass this information to the image upload dialog. The best thing would be if the image opup as well as the resource browser modal would be called with an additional parameter:

To: http://example.com/assets/components/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/advimage/image.htm?v=221pl
            as well as http://kwg.gruenphase.abcde.biz/manager/index.php?a=3&ctx=de&wctx=de&source=5&v=221pl

&id=15 have to be added.

This should fix my problem. I'll fiddle arround with this problem next weekend.

In the meantime I would be happy about some advice regarding possible problems with this approach and if there is an easier way to fix this I would be glad to learn about it.

Regards, pepebe
              Homepage: pepebe.de | MODX snippets (and other stuff) at github: https://gist.github.com/pepebe
              • 297 Posts
              pepebe why you need to do that? With proper MODX configuration everything related with media sources and contexts should be working fine except the problem commented in this post related to tinymce.
              The solution proposed here should fix the problem entirely
                • 353 Posts
                Quote from: mIDO at May 15, 2012, 07:59 PM
                pepebe why you need to do that? With proper MODX configuration everything related with media sources and contexts should be working fine except the problem commented in this post related to tinymce.
                The solution proposed here should fix the problem entirely

Well, It doesn't fix the problem. My media resource snippet requires a resource id and as far as I can tell the upload manager doesn't communicate this property to the media resource.

As you seem to be convinced that it should work out of the box I'll do some further research into this problem.

Thx,

pepebe
                  Homepage: pepebe.de | MODX snippets (and other stuff) at github: https://gist.github.com/pepebe
                  • 297 Posts
                  After some tests, the solution works but is still buggy.
                  Some times files doesn't appear. When I try to upload files I use to have problems, some files are not uploaded or directories appear to be empty but have files...
                  • Quote from: warsteiner80 at May 11, 2012, 11:25 AM
                    JannieB, TinyMCE uses default Media source (it's defined in system settings, the key is default_media_source).
                    Edit the user you want to use «resources» Media source in TinyMCE, open Settings tab, then Create new. Put default_media_source into Key and ID of your Media source in Value.
                    Or, you can just set default_media_source in System settings for everybody.

Perfect...that was exactly what I needed...thanks!
                      Precision Web Development ... SmashStack.com
                      • 372 Posts
                      Quote from: flinx777 at Jun 26, 2012, 05:14 PM
                      Quote from: warsteiner80 at May 11, 2012, 11:25 AM
                      JannieB, TinyMCE uses default Media source (it's defined in system settings, the key is default_media_source).
                      Edit the user you want to use «resources» Media source in TinyMCE, open Settings tab, then Create new. Put default_media_source into Key and ID of your Media source in Value.
                      Or, you can just set default_media_source in System settings for everybody.

Perfect...that was exactly what I needed...thanks!

Hi,

This doesn't work for me and i do not understood why...
                      I have try to clear cache and permission nothing change...
                      All the time i try to add an image to the content, i can upload, select the image but the URL is wrong.
                      Tinymce doesn't add the media source path (assets/uploads).

Have you got an idea ?
                      (Sorry for my english)

thank you in advance !