We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 10 Posts
    You need the "source_view" permission.

p.s., I wish Modx had a central repository for common set-ups and all... Or some visual trace to indiciate "disabled" features and the required access controls needed to enable it. Right now, it's all guesswork and trial and error..looking through a whole bunch of keywords...

I do hope in the next update, the default media source setting, if left undefined, could somehow link to the first available media source in the listings. That shouldn't be too difficult, in theory, of course... [ed. note: glidiasrage last edited this post 11 years, 10 months ago.]
      • 75 Posts
      Quote from: romain at Feb 15, 2012, 07:20 AM
      fenderboy,

I would say this is mostly a right issue : seems like your editors do not have the right to browse the default media source. If editors have access to another media source, you might want it to be the default media source for your editor users.

You can do so by adding the user setting "default_media_source" and set the media source's ID as value (if you have more editors than admins, it might be faster to change the "default_media_source" system setting and add a user setting for each admin users).

Just in case, you can add user settings by editing a user and going to the "settings" tab).

Hope that will help

Unfortunately this fix/solution is only working for "MODX-Resource-Browser" which you use for uploading a photo via Tiny MCE etc. When you use the "MODX-Browser (Web)" e.g for choosing a static resource within the resource page modx doesn't apply the user setting for "default_media_source". It jumps back to #1 which is a problem, when the user doesn't have the permission to access the media source #1.
        • 572 Posts
        Has anyone got this to work on a user group basis yet?

I can only get it to work if i set the system setting default_media_source to my User Group media source directory. By setting the default_media_source on the individual user settings tab still displays the system setting of '1'.
          www.9thwave.co.uk
             WEB | DESIGN | PRINT