We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I've started a new page on the RTFM to help people quickly find what they're looking for when they have questions or issues.

Right now it's at http://rtfm.modx.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=36634926

I would love to have that one page full of a lot of common questions with either the answer there, or linking to a different part of the docs / forums where the answer is explained. Hopefully that will help folks to find the information they need quickly (I know the ExtJS FAQ is one of the first places I go to when I have issues, eg this one on Ext grids).

What it needs now is a lot of questions and answers / information on there, and hopefully all of you can help with that. Not everyone has access to the Revolution docs for editing, so if you can think of stuff that needs to be added but don't have access to edit it, please post it in this topic so it can be added/updated.

Please do not use this topic to ask for help - create a topic of your own if you can't find it anywhere. If you got your question answered and think it would be a great one to add to the list, you can link to your topic here and then it can be added. [ed. note: markh last edited this post 12 years, 4 months ago.]
      Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
      • 12 Posts
      I'm not sure how to set up modx on localhost with separate directory outside of modx core for my extra.