We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Ok I have another problem... I want to have the gallery editable on the same page as the gallery that’s displayed. It’s being displayed in the header of my site as it shows some of my work. I want to be able to manage the gallery but I don’t want the manager boxes appearing where the gallery is as I would like the options in the body of my site. I have tried using &manage_target param but this page also has the gallery on it and then the manage appears twice. How do I control exactly where the manager boxes are on a page that has the gallery visable where the gallery should be?
      Ross Sivills - MD AugmentBLU Edinburgh, Scotland UK
      AugmentBLU - MODX Partner

BLUcart - MODX Revolution E-Commerce & Shopping Cart
      • 4,213 Posts
      You need to create another document to manage the gallery. In that document, put the maxigallery call where you want the management form to appear and use &is_target=`1` in the snippet call. The call can be just:

[!MaxiGallery? &is_target=`1`!]

And the document can be hidden or whatever. If you are using some parameters that affect the pictures (size, masks, shadows etc) you need to have those parameters in this call too as the changes are done on upload. Then in the other calls, add &manage_target=`docid` parameter to the calls where "docid" is the ID of the document that has the above call.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
      • Yeah I have all that working... i just created a new template, minus the MG call for the gallery that shows on every page cos If you click manage gallery, it loads the edit boxes for that gallery and any others.

This call appears on all pages...

[!MaxiGallery? &galleryPictureTpl=`mgGalPicTpl` &manage_target=`304` &view_gallery=`1` &manage_gallery=`1` &manageOuterTpl=`MGmanager` &is_target=`0` &display=`embedded` &thumb_shadow_bgcolor=`a0acb8` &order_by=`random` &pics_per_page=`15` &pics_per_row=`5` &max_pic_size=`440` &thumb_use_dropshadow=`1` &max_thumb_size=`50` &quality_big=`100` &quality_pic=`100` &quality_thumb=`100`!]

on the page I use to edit I have

[!MaxiGallery? &galleryPictureTpl=`mgGalPicTpl` &web_users=`[[galleryowner]]` &manageOuterTpl=`MGmanager` &is_target=`1` &display=`embedded` &thumb_shadow_bgcolor=`a0acb8` &order_by=`random` &pics_per_page=`15` &pics_per_row=`5` &max_pic_size=`440` &thumb_use_dropshadow=`1` &max_thumb_size=`50` &quality_big=`100` &quality_pic=`100` &quality_thumb=`100`!]

The manager boxes appeared twice if the gallery I want to edit was on the same page, in fact the manager boxes appeared if I told it to display another gallery yet edit gallery 1. Easiest way out of it was to take the MG call out of the template.

Ross Sivills - MD AugmentBLU Edinburgh, Scotland UK
          AugmentBLU - MODX Partner

BLUcart - MODX Revolution E-Commerce & Shopping Cart