We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 121 Posts
    Martijn van Turnhout Reply #1, 12 years, 11 months ago
    First time I’m actually using SimpleSearch in a website.

So far, I’m impressed. Very customisable. However, I’ve stumbled upon a problem.

It’s when you don’t use a value when submitting the search form. The message "There were no search results. Please try using more general terms to get more results." appears, but without any tags surrounding it! No paragraph or span tags whatsoever. How can I modify the appearance of this message?
      • 406 Posts
      The phrase is probably in the lexicon. Add your desired tags to the lexicon phrase.
      Alternately figure out where in the code this phrase is called and modify the code to insert your desired tags.
      HTH Tom
        • 121 Posts
        Martijn van Turnhout Reply #3, 12 years, 11 months ago
        Yeah, I’ve already modified the lexicon. I consider that a bit of a hack though. I’ve already submitted this as a bug through GitHub. A message like this should be modified through a TPL.
          • 47 Posts
          Hi

This has been resolved: https://github.com/splittingred/SimpleSearch/issues/46

Can be used called like this:

[[!SimpleSearch? &noResultsTpl=`yourtemplatename`]]

NOTE:

You can use [[+query]] in your template to display the search query - e.g.
          No results for "[[+query]]". Please try something else.

Many thanks,
          Shaun
            • 54 Posts
            This a very useful and important post.

Can this content be added to the rtfm page, please!