We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    I’ve used MODx for some time now together with the TinyMCE editor with no problems. I recently installed IE9 and whilst it displays the TinyMCE editor, when you press the editing buttons across the top nothing actually happens, e.g. pressing the picture button doesn’t bring up the insert picture box and left align doesn’t left align. Anyone else come across this problem?
      • 1 Posts
      Same here, TinyMCE does not work in IE9 on my MODx evo install either.
      Any way to fix this?
        • 634 Posts
        You should upgrade TinyMCE. MODX Evolution 1.0.5 comes with TinyMCE version 3.3.9.2 that works fine with IE9.
          Mikko Lammi, Owner at Maagit
          • 32 Posts
          I had the same problem so i decided to help some more people out.
          To update TinyMCE in a save way do the following:

• Download TinyMCE here (I created a download which i grabbed from MODx 1.0.6)
          • Create a folder inside the assets/plugins folder and name it tinymce (Rename your old folder if needed)
          • Upload the contents of the zipfile to the newly created folder

Now we have a folder with the newer version of TinyMCE (3.3.9.2 to be exact)
          Now to enable it in MODx we have to create the new plugin for it by doing the following:

• Create a new plugin called New TinyMCE
          • Copy/paste the contents of snippet.txt (found in the zipfile) inside the Plug-in code (php) field of the newly created plugin
          • On the configuration tab copy/paste the following inside the plug-in configuration field:
          &customparams=Custom Parameters;textarea; &mce_formats=Block Formats;text;p,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,div,blockquote,code,pre &entity_encoding=Entity Encoding;list;named,numeric,raw;named &entities=Entities;text; &mce_path_options=Path Options;list;rootrelative,docrelative,fullpathurl;docrelative &mce_resizing=Advanced Resizing;list;true,false;true &disabledButtons=Disabled Buttons;text; &link_list=Link List;list;enabled,disabled;enabled &webtheme=Web Theme;list;simple,editor,creative,custom;simple &webPlugins=Web Plugins;text;style,advimage,advlink,searchreplace,contextmenu,paste,fullscreen,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras,visualchars,media &webButtons1=Web Buttons 1;text;undo,redo,selectall,|,pastetext,pasteword,|,search,replace,|,nonbreaking,hr,charmap,|,image,link,unlink,anchor,media,|,cleanup,removeformat,|,fullscreen,code,help &webButtons2=Web Buttons 2;text;bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,sub,sup,|,|,blockquote,bullist,numlist,outdent,indent,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,|,styleselect,formatselect,|,styleprops &webButtons3=Web Buttons 3;text; &webButtons4=Web Buttons 4;text; &webAlign=Web Toolbar Alignment;list;ltr,rtl;ltr &width=Width;text;100% &height=Height;text;400

• On the System events tab check the boxes at OnRichTextEditorInit, OnRichTextEditorRegister and OnInterfaceSettingsRender
          • Click save

Now we have a newly created plugin and we should only disable the old one by going to the old TinyMCE plugin and checking the Disabled box and click save. Make sure you empty your cache and maybe a relog. [ed. note: raadhuis last edited this post 11 years, 10 months ago.]