We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 711 Posts
    Hi !

I have a big problem (for me wink). I try to create a module with a form.
    When I valid my form, I obtain this error (displayed in a javascript box) :
    no record found for id 0

Does someone know how fix it and what is my error ?

Thanks
      Sorry for my english. I'm french... My dictionary is near me, but it's only a dictionary !
      • 711 Posts
      I can’t resolve it.
      Here is my html code :
                      <form name="module" method="POST">
                          <input type="hidden" name="opcode" value="add" />
                          <input type="hidden" name="id" value="" />
                          <label for="page_url">URL:<input type="text" name="page_url" value="" /></label>
                          <label for="type">Type:<select name="type"><option>Test</option></select></label>
                          <label for="item">Item:<input type="text" name="item" value="" /></label>
                          <input type="submit" name="add" onclick="postForm('add')" />
                      </form> 

I really need help.

Thanks.
        Sorry for my english. I&#39;m french... My dictionary is near me, but it&#39;s only a dictionary !
        • 711 Posts
        I found the problem.
        We can’t use a field named "id" in a form....
          Sorry for my english. I&#39;m french... My dictionary is near me, but it&#39;s only a dictionary !
        • Good catach Guillaume... that’s any easy one to slip up on...
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • This is a problem I’ve run into again and again, especially working with database tables where the primary key is called ’id’. Moving forward, we are going to refactor the MODx core to not use id= to identify a requested document id, but for now, you need to avoid using id as $_POST or $_GET variables.
              • 711 Posts
              Quote from: OpenGeek at May 19, 2006, 03:03 PM

This is a problem I’ve run into again and again, especially working with database tables where the primary key is called ’id’.
              Exactelly. It is my problem...

Moving forward, we are going to refactor the MODx core to not use id= to identify a requested document id
              I think this is a good idea or at the minus, the documentation should be updated to indicate this.

you need to avoid using id as $_POST or $_GET variables.
              I renamed my variable...
                • 711 Posts
                I added a bug with the tracker : Error when using "id" for field name in a module. Thanks to vote wink

The problem comes from the name of the module id. If this id was id_module (for example), the error doesn’t occure.

It is really annoying when we work on the "id" property for a htlm tag.