We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I had installed alpha6 on my dedicated server (26/11/2008) and I had some problems. I have uninstalled it now so I can’t go back and see but I’ll post a couple issues I had and wondered if anyone else had them.

I was able to create a new doc but I could not click the save or cancel buttons, well they were clickable but they did not submit. I tried FF3, IE7, Chrome and Safari.

I could not download any snippets via the package downloader for hours but eventually it worked.... half of the snippets didn’t install and said package was missing. I couldn’t download the files off the repo page as the links just redirected me to the page where you select core, add-ons and extensions?

Far too many loading, saving, light boxes and ajax for my liking. When saving a simple option 3-4 boxes appear letting me know the info is being saved, is that normal? Like anything, things take time to get use too which is why I will be trying the beta version when it’s nearing full release.

Server setup
    Linux Centos
    8 cpus, 8gb ram
    mysql (5.0.67-community)
    PHP Version 5.2.6

Ross Sivills - MD AugmentBLU Edinburgh, Scotland UK
      AugmentBLU - MODX Partner

BLUcart - MODX Revolution E-Commerce & Shopping Cart
      • 577 Posts
      Alpha 6 installed!!!

However, it is extremely slow.

error_log shows:
      [Thu Nov 27 23:09:18 2008] [notice] child pid 24513 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
      [Thu Nov 27 23:09:19 2008] [notice] child pid 24515 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
      [Thu Nov 27 23:09:19 2008] [warn] (2)No such file or directory: Cannot reinit SSLMutex
      [Thu Nov 27 23:09:19 2008] [crit] (2)No such file or directory: mod_rewrite: could not init rewrite log lock in child
      [Thu Nov 27 23:09:23 2008] [warn] (2)No such file or directory: Cannot reinit SSLMutex

Speed issues are more than likely being caused by the apache restart issue.

Keep up the good work!
        Tangent-Warrior smiley
      • Carsten, sounds like you have PHP and/or MySQL configuration problems with Apache if it’s segfaulting. You’ll need to get that figured out. It’s running very fast on my configurations, including Mac (WAMP), PC (XAMPP) and CentOS.

rossco: The download problems were with the WTF site and have been since fixed. I cannot reproduce any of your other issues.
        • It could well of happened during a busy time with the site or something... I can see that the new release is much faster in the manager than alpha1 that I tried so excellent job with that.
            Ross Sivills - MD AugmentBLU Edinburgh, Scotland UK
            AugmentBLU - MODX Partner

BLUcart - MODX Revolution E-Commerce & Shopping Cart
            • 577 Posts
            I only get the segfaults with modx alphas ....
              Tangent-Warrior smiley
            • What’s your server config Carsten?
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • Quote from: Carsten at Nov 29, 2008, 07:04 AM

I only get the segfaults with modx alphas ....
                That may be, but the segfaults are not caused by just executing PHP scripts (unless there is a relevant bug in PHP itself), but rather by code that interacts with Apache (i.e. mod_php, the MySQL client API, or another Apache module or extension).
                  • 135 Posts
                  I could be way off, but I used to have segfault issues with eaccelerator and IPB on my server... do you maybe have a caching software like EA or APC installed?
                    • 577 Posts
                    update:

Installed on MAMP and alpha8 installed with no problems. What gives???

anybody have some demo data and pages? laugh
                      Tangent-Warrior smiley
                    • Wow! You installed a version that’s not been released yet! tongue

In all seriousness glad you got it sorted out. smiley
                        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me